This Tutorial was written in January of 2011. Please do not remove this tutorial from Ladyhawwk Designs in any way. This tutorial is copyrighted to Ladyhawwk Designs.
Love At First Sight For this tutorial you will need
* Tubes of choice, I am using the work of Jennifer Janesko which are PTU Tubes which you can purchase from CDOHERE (if you choose to use 2 different tubes please make sure they are from the SAME artist)
* FTU Wordart which you can get from esnapriblogHERE
* Frame and floral element made by me which you can download HERE (please do not share my supplies)
Font Of Your Choice
1. Open up the LHDLAFSFrame and LHDLAFSElement1 that was included in the supplies folder in PSP and on your layer palette right click on the copyright layers and "delete"
2. Open a new canvas 600 x 600 transparent background
3. "Edit", "copy" then "edit", "paste as a new layer" your LHDLAFSFrame on to your new canvas, then and with your mover tool move it up near the top of your canvas centered.
4. Take your magic wand tool and click inside the centre frame until you have marching ants The best settings I found to do this with are as follows; (see print screen below) Mode: Add(shift), Match mode: RGB Value, Tolerance: 102, Contiguous checked, Feather: 0, Anti-alias checked, Inside
5. Open up your tube of choice (I choose to use 2 different tubes one tube from the inside of my frames and one for the main image) "Edit", "Copy" then back to your main canvas and "edit", "paste as a new layer". Move the part of your tube that you'd like to show in the centre of your frame (I choose to use her face for the centre frame) then "Selections" "Invert" (make sure you're on your tube layer) and hit your "delete" key on your keyboard. *Selections*, "select none" (see my print screen for what I have now)
6. On your layer palette click on your frame layer and repeat step 6 for the left and right frame using different parts of your tube to fill the frames. (see my print screen for what I have now)
7. On your layer palette close the visibility off of your frame layer by clicking the eye on the layer palette, then right click on any layer and "merge visible". Unhide your frame layer by clicking on the eye again.
8. On your layer palette click on your merged layer (which should just be your tubes you added to your frame) change the blend mode to "Luminance L"
9. Open up your second tube and "Edit", "Copy" then back to your main canvas and "edit", "paste as a new layer". Move it down towards the bottom of your frame. I picked a tube that her position was laying down so she is laying across the bottom of the frame.
10. "Edit", then "copy" and back to your main canvas and "paste as a new layer" the LHDLAFSElement1 then reduce size to 65% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "65%" all layers UNCHECKED and on your layer palette drag this layer under your tube layer (I had mine so the flowers were just showing from under the front of my tube)
11. Open up the wordart in PSP and with your selection tool select the wordart you want to use then "edit", then "copy" and back to your main canvas and "paste as a new layer" then reduce size to 85% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "85%" all layers UNCHECKED. Give the wordart a drop shadow with the settings shown below. (I used color #ffaf5c for my drop shadow).
(see my print screen below for what I have now)
12. Add your name (I used a script font and gave it a drop shadow) and your copyright information.
13. Save as a "png" file (to preserve the transparent background) or a jpg file and you're
I always love to see the results of any tutorial people do. Click on my "contact me" on my website and send me an email. I also have a "tutorial results" page and love to post anyone's tutorial results.